Do Not Use This Scaffold Tag
- Item #
- Tag Reads
Tag Front Reads: Danger Do Not Use This Scaffold Keep Off This Scaffold Is Being Erected, Taken Down Or Has Been Found Defective. Do Not Alter Date:_______ Competent Person Signature:_______ Comments:_______ / Back Reads: Stop Unsafe For Use Under Erection, Being Dismantled, Repairs Required, Overhead Protection Only
This Do Not Use This Scaffold Tag uses informational messages to address scaffold compliance procedures and safety concerns. A Do Not Use This Scaffold Tag is a useful device to help protect the health and safety of personnel, but is not an alternative for required protective measures for eliminating or abating hazards.
Stop Unsafe For Use Scaffold Tag E1518
To view and print a PDF version of this page, click on this link: SafetySign.com Scaffold Tags PDF →
To Learn about the Materials used in the making of this sign, refer to the Tab called "Material Descriptions..."
- Material Thickness
- 4 x 5-1/2” 15 mil Matte Vinyl.
- 3-1/4 x 5-5/8” 15 mil Matte Vinyl.
- Durable 15 mil write on vinyl which is ideal for every day use throughout any facility.
- Outdoor Durability
- 2 - 3 years.
- 4 x 5-1/2” Tag: 7/32" ID Brass Grommet and 6” nylon ties (sold in packages of 5 tags & 5 nylon ties).
- 3-1/4 x 5-5/8” Tags: 3/8" ID Brass Grommet and 6” nylon ties (sold in packages of 5 tags & 5 nylon ties).
- Service Temperature
- 0°F - 150°F.
Scaffold Tagging & Inspection:
The most effective means of communication between the scaffold builder and the scaffold user is a scaffold tag.
The following guidelines will assist you in developing an appropriate tagging system:
- Inspection and tagging of the scaffold is to be performed by a competent worker experienced in the erection of scaffolds.
- A unique scaffold identification tag number must be clearly identified on all tags for tracking purposes.
- All scaffolds shall be inspected after erection as per OSHA requirements.
- All scaffold identification tags will be of solid green, yellow, or red color with black lettering.
- Green Tags will be hung on scaffolds that have been inspected and are safe for use.
- Yellow “CAUTION” tags are used whenever the scaffold has been modified to meet work requirements, and as a result could present a hazard to the user, this tag also informs the user of any fall requirements devices that may be needed.
- Red “DANGER - DO NOT USE” tags will used during erection or dismantling when the scaffold is left unattended and replace all green and yellow tags in the event a scaffold has been deemed unfit for use.