Frequently Purchased Together
A Bicycle Traffic Warning Sign has informational messages or images for traffic and pedestrian safety concerns. A Bicycle Traffic Warning Sign is a useful tool to help protect the health and safety on roads, and is not a substitute for necessary protective measures for lessening or eliminating hazards.
Section 2C.49 Vehicular Traffic Warning Signs
- Vehicular Traffic Warning (W8-6, W11-1, W11-5, W11-5a, W11-8, W11-10, W11-11, W11-12P, W11-14, W11-15, and W11-15a) signs (see Figure 2C-10) may be used to alert road users to locations where unexpected entries into the roadway by trucks, bicyclists, farm vehicles, emergency vehicles, golf carts, horse-drawn vehicles, or other vehicles might occur. The TRUCK CROSSING (W8-6) word message sign may be used as an alternate to the Truck Crossing (W11-10) symbol sign.
- These locations might be relatively confined or might occur randomly over a segment of roadway.
- Vehicular Traffic Warning signs should be used only at locations where the road user's sight distance is restricted, or the condition, activity, or entering traffic would be unexpected.
- If the condition or activity is seasonal or temporary, the Vehicular Traffic Warning sign should be removed or covered when the condition or activity does not exist.
- The W11-1, W11-15, and W11-15a signs and their related supplemental plaques may have a fluorescent yellow-green background with a black legend and border.
Source: 2009 MUTCD