Red / White NJ Floor / Roof Truss Sign
- Item #
- N.J.A.C § 5:23-3.5 (e)
- S.F. Fire Code
- OSHA 1910.1200(c)
- Shipping Declarations
Read about the EG Reflective change from 3M EGP Reflective to 3M Advanced Flexible Engineer Grade 7310.
This Red / White NJ Floor / Roof Truss Sign has official truss identification for fire safety and compliance. A Red / White NJ Floor / Roof Truss Sign is a helpful resource to aid in the protection of the health and safety of staff, and is not an alternative for required protective measures for eliminating or reducing hazards.
Frequently Purchased Together
State of New Jersey TRUSS SIGNS (Truss Roof and Truss Floor Assembly Signs)
To view and print PDF click on this link: State of New Jersey TRUSS SIGNS (Truss Roof and Truss Floor Assembly Signs)→
- Truss construction signs are designed to assist firefighters in the recognition of buildings constructed with truss roof/floor assemblies.
- The truss identification rules came into being due to a fire incident in Hackensack, NJ. in July 1988.
- As a result, an amendment to the Uniform Fire Code of New Jersey was enacted to have all buildings and structures identified with a sign to allow firefighters as they approach and begin firefighting operations, to identify if the building is equipped with truss components.
- N.J.A.C. 5:70-2.20 requires all buildings to have affixed a sign to indicate that there are equipped or installed truss supports.
- Individual structures and dwelling units with truss constructions that are part of a planned community development are required to have a truss sign affixed at each entrance to the development.
- Sign Size: 12" wide x 6" high
- Material: Reflective
- Printing color: Red
- N.J.A.C. 5:70-2.20(a)1
- “The emblem shall be of a bright and reflective color, or made of reflective material. The shape of the emblem shall be an isosceles triangle and the size shall be 12 inches horizontally by 6 inches vertically. The following letters, of a size and color to make them conspicuous, shall be printed on the emblem, as shown in diagram below.”
- N.J.A.C. 5:70-2.20(a)2
- “The emblem shall be permanently affixed to the left of the main entrance door at a height between 4 and 6 feet above the ground and shall be installed and maintained by the owner of the building.”