We choose our printing processes for each product carefully so you receive the best quality product at the lowest price with industry-leading turnaround times. Depending on your size, material, quantity, and other factors, your sign will print using one of our carefully-tested methods.
4 × 18″ Panel with 1″ Flange on Side
|.060″ Double-Sided Polystyrene Plastic||Two 7/32″ holes (one at top of flange, one at bottom of flange)||A5021-JA||$21.55||$19.45||$17.60|
|Available Materials||Mounting Holes||Corner Radius||Diagram|
|4 × 18″ Panel with 1″ Flange on Side||4″||18″||1″||5/16″||Up to 7′ 6″||
||Two 7/32″ Holes (#10 or 3/16″ screws recommended)||¼″||Diagram|
|Double-Sided Polystyrene Plastic Polystyrene is a low weight, high impact resistant plastic that is rust-free, chip and crack resistant, and is ideal for many applications.||0.06″||1 to 2 Years||
|None||Engineering Grade||High Intensity Prismatic||Diamond Grade|
|ATSM D956 Type||–||Type I||Type IV||Type IX|
|Brightness||–||Standard Material||3x More||10x More|
2-Way Wall Projecting Signs
How and where do you mount 2-Way signs?
2-Way signs can be mounted on door frames or walls.
These signs are supplied with 2 holes at 0.218" in diameter, for permanent mounting.
Signs are doubled sided (the same information is printed on each side)
The purpose of a 2-Way sign is to alert incoming and/or outgoing traffic, at the same time, of any hazardous conditions in the area, the required safety precautions to be taken when entering the area, location of safety equipment or emergency exits, etc.
- Signs are printed with digital or silk screening UV inks on .060 thick Polystyrene (High Impact Plastic).
- Polystyrene is a rust free, chip and crack resistant plastic.
- These signs have been designed for the following applications: wall or door frame mounting.
- Signs do not have any overlamination.
- Image / Text on sign is printed directly onto the sign material.
Examples of 2-Way Projecting Wall Sign Configurations
Click on image to Zoom →
What do you need to know about Safety Signs:
Environmental & facility safety signs are usually larger because they are observed at further distances. These signs usually contain lesser amounts of information for visual clarity at a distance. Signs should be placed in a clearly visible location and should be protected from damage and obliteration.
- When safety signs are distinguished by their color code (ANSI Z535.2) they become useful tools to help protect the health and safety of personnel at the workplace.
- Safety signs are a supplement to, and NOT a substitute for, the required protective measures for eliminating or reducing the hazards in the workplace.
- Reading and understanding safety signs displayed on machinery or around your facility will help minimize the possibility of accidents and increase hazard awareness.
Safety Sign Functions & Objectives are:
- The objective of safety signs is to draw attention rapidly and precisely to objects and situations capable of causing specific injuries or accidents.
- To alert or warn personnel about workplace hazards of which they may not be aware of.
- To restrict access to areas that present dangerous conditions.
- To inform people of safety requirements.
- Provide general information and directions.
- Remind employees where PPE equipment must be worn.
- Show where emergency equipment or exits are located.
- Indicate where certain actions are prohibited.
Safety Sign Recommended Viewing Distances
ANSI Z535-2007 standard uses a ratio of 25 ft of viewing distance per inch of text for Favorable Reading Conditions, and a ratio of 12 ft of viewing distance per inch of text for Unfavorable Reading Conditions.
Determining the safe viewing distance of a sign depends upon many factors: lighting, background, type font and visual acuity. Other factors to consider in determining sign size include: the complexity of the message, the reaction time necessary and the angle the sign will be seen from. In many situations it is better to use multiple smaller signs that are strategically positioned than one large sign.
SafetySign.com’s advanced printing process undergoes a stringent cross-hatching test. This specifically tests the adhesion and resistance to separation of the inks from the sign. In testing, a sample from the printing process is scored and covered in adhesive tape. The tape is removed and the sample assessed for adhesion quality.
We use a three-stage process to test all of our printing processes. We print our signs using only the processes that pass all three stages, giving you the highest quality signage possible.
The text is printed in Arial Black font.
The Bilingual 2-Way Fire Extinguisher Do Not Block Sign from SafetySign.com uses this font to create a bold message that stands out in order to grab your attention, while also remaining clearly legible at the maximum safe viewing distance of the product.