- Item #:
- Label Reads:
- Certified The dielectric fluid in this unit has been tested
- Label Type:
- Surface Mount Label. Apply labels to clean and dry surfaces.
- Outdoor Grade Adhesive Backed Vinyl
- Labels sold in packages of 25.
- In Stock
- These labels are digital or screen printed with UV inks.
- Labels are sold in packages of 25.
- Before applying, surface must be clean and dry.
- Labels do not have any overlamination.
- Image / Text on labels is printed directly onto the material.
PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls) are most commonly found in electrical equipment such as transformers, klystrons, capacitors, and fluorescent light ballasts that were manufactured before 1979. PCB-containing equipment or PCB- contaminated material is strictly regulated under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
- Regulations require that all equipment or items (in use or decommissioned) that contain a PCB concentration greater than 50 ppm must be labeled as PCB contaminated.
PCBs are known to cause chronic reproductive effects, gastric disorders, and skin lesions in laboratory animals, and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has identified PCBs as probable human carcinogens. In humans and animals, PCBs accumulate in fatty tissues. In the environment, PCBs degrade very slowly, so they pose a risk to animals all along a food chain because they bio-accumulate.
PCB Label Requirements:
- All electrical equipment that contains more than 50 ppm PCBs must be prominently labeled as PCB contaminated.
- When a PCB item is decommissioned, the date it was put out of service must be included on the label.
- To dispose of PCB-contaminated items, request a container from Waste Management (WM) by indicating the type of waste and "PCBs" on the Hazardous Waste Pickup and Empty Container Request Form.1 (see link to form below)
- The delivered container will be marked both as "Hazardous Waste" and with the yellow PCB label.
- If the PCB concentration is unknown, testing and analysis may be called for, as determined by WM.
Safety Signs Objectives:
The yellow PCB label with black printing identifies PCB-contaminated hazardous waste. That is, the PCB concentration is or may be above 50 ppm. The primary waste that falls into this category is fluorescent light ballasts, but this label is also used for PCB storage areas as well as PCB containers that hold such waste as soil, oil, and also wipes that have been used to clean a PCB related spill.
VINYL LABELS MATERIAL DESCRIPTION
Label Material: 3.5 Mil Adhesive Backed Vinyl Film:
Description & Attributes
- 3.5 mil thick flexible vinyl film coated with an aggressive permanent acrylic adhesive.
- Graphics are digital or screen printed with UV inks.
- Vinyl signs are the most economical option available. A favorite material for indoor application.
- Printed image will resist fading and mild chemicals.
- Outdoor Durability: 3 to 4 years
- Material Flexibility: Conform to either curved or flat surfaces
- Service Temp Range: -40°F to 180°F
- Min. Application Temp: 50° F
- Surface Preparation: Clean and Dry
- Ink Features: Printed with UV Inks
- Printing Process: Digital or Screen
- Over laminate: None