7″ Base For 1¾″ Square Posts
|Cast Gray Iron||Y3542-175SQSMB||$132.75|
7″ Base For 2″ Square Posts
|Cast Gray Iron||Y3542-2SQSMB||$132.75|
- Post Caps
Galvanized Square Sign Post
Bolting Set (2 bolts, 2 nuts, 4 washers)
Y4931, Y4899, Y3465
Tamperproof Set (2-bolts, 2-nuts, 4-washers)
Y4900, Y4901, Y3551
Corner Bolt Set with Jam Nuts
1-3/4" Square Post Flat Blade Street Name Sign Bracket
2" Square Post Flat Blade Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Cross Piece For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
2-Way Adjustable Cross Piece For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable Cross Separator For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
1-3/4" Square Post Extruded Blade Street Name Sign Bracket
2" Square Post Extruded Blade Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Cross Piece For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
2-Way Adjustable Cross Piece For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable Cross Separator For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
Decorative Square Post Pyramid Cap
One Way Bolts
Y4911TB, Y4912TB, Y3552
5/16" Break-Away Nuts
5/16" Nylon Washers
5/16" Zinc Plated Washers
SNAP'n SAFE™ Square Post Surface Mount Breakaway
This SNAP'n SAFE™ Breakaway Device is made of cast gray iron, and withstands winds of 120 mph. Made from 80% recycled materials.
Installation instructions are included with every SNAP'n SAFE square post surface mount breakaway device. It is recommended that this breakaway be installed in concrete surfaces only due to the strength of concrete as compared to asphalt.
- ½″ socket and ratchet wrench
- 9/16″ socket and ratchet wrench
- Remove any burrs or imperfections from the inside of the sign post.
- Check hole location of the sign post and anchor post. The bottom hole of the sign post must be ½″ on center (+/- ⅛″) from the end of the sign post.
- Determine the location for the surface mount coupler.
(Please note that all bolts must be at least 5 inches from all concrete edges.)
- Place surface mount coupler on the concrete surface and place the sign post on top of the coupler. Using a level, determine if any washers are needed under the base at the hole location to level out the sign post.
- Using the surface mount coupler as a template, mark the location of the three (3) holes to drill. With a ⅜ inch drill bit, drill three (3) holes at least 4½″ deep. It is not necessary to blow the holes out or clean them out.
- Clean off concrete surface and align the coupler with the holes. Place any necessary washers under the base as determined in Step 4.
- Put one (1) washer on each bolt and install the three (3) bolts. (DO NOT tighten all the way until you are certain that the base is level and all three (3) hole locations are firmly resting on the washers or concrete.)
Note: The bolts are carbon steel and are extremely hard. They have a 3,800 pound pull-out strength.
- Slide the sign post over the SNAP'n SAFE surface mount coupler and attach with the (2) corner bolts. Use the 2nd and 3rd hole in the sign post for proper alignment. Fasten (1) washer and (1) nut on each corner bolt. Secure hardware evenly by tightening each nut in an alternating pattern.
Note: Corner bolts must be installed on the same side of the post. MAX TORQUE = 21 FT LBS.