Sign Mounting Hardware
For use with U-Channel, Square and Fiberglass Posts
2½″ long bolts for 1¾″ square posts and 2 lbs./ft. U-channel posts.
3″ bolts for 2″ square posts.
1¾″ Square Post with Standard Bolting Set
2″ Square Post with Standard Bolting Set
U-Channel Post (1.12 lbs./ft) with Standard Bolting Set
U-Channel Post (2 lbs./ft) with Standard Bolting Set
5/16″ Zinc Plated Steel Hex-Head Bolt Set
Hex-head bolts are the economic solution for installing traffic signs, parking signs, property signs, and facility signs with ⅜″ mounting holes. The tables below detail which size bolts should be purchased with each type of applicable post.
What size bolts should I use with my U-Channel post?
What size bolts should I use with my square post?
What size bolts should I use with my fiberglass composite post?
Installing Standard Hex-Head Bolts
- A ½″ socket and ratchet wrench, and ½″ combination wrench.
- Place the sign on the square post where it meets your height requirement and line up the mounting holes with the holes on the post.
- Using the appropriate size bolts, insert a washer over the 5/16″ bolts and then insert the bolts into the mounting holes of the sign and through the post.
- Insert a washer on the other end of the bolt followed by the nut and tighten down.
- Add a pair of our ribbed sign saver plates that prevents the possibility of sign dimpling during bolt tightening.