SNAP’n SAFE Square Sign Post Breakaway
SNAP’n SAFE Square Sign Post Breakaway is an NCHRP 350 compliant breakaway sign post system that is designed with a 360° shear point that will prevent the sign post from striking and penetrating the windshield or roof of a vehicle when impacted during a collision.
After impact the upper section of the SNAP’n SAFE remains inside the post while the lower section of the breakway remains inside the anchor post. Unfasten hardware & SNAP’n SAFE can be removed easily. Once impacted, the entire SNAP’n SAFE breakaway has to be replaced.
Replacement of sign post depends on impact conditions. Anchor posts have favorable results of staying in place for reuse, saving you money and requiring less labor for repairs.
This breakaway sign post system is available for 1-3/4" and 2" sign posts. The 1-3/4" model connects a 1-3/4" sign post to a 2" anchor post, and the 2" model connects a 2" sign post to a 2-1/4" anchor post. The 1-3/4" model weighs 2.8 lbs., and the 2" model weighs 3.1 lbs.
Both are made of cast gray iron, 80% of which is recycled material, and they can also withstand winds of up to 120 mph. All necessary hardware is included to connect the assembly to both the anchor post and sign post.
For 2″ Anchor Post to 1¾″ Sign Post
|Cast Gray Iron||Y3540-2175SQC||$76.65|
For 2¼″ Anchor Post to 2″ Sign Post
|Cast Gray Iron||Y3540-2252SQC||$75.60|
- Drive Caps
- Post Caps
Galvanized Square Sign Post
Bolting Set (2 bolts, 2 nuts, 4 washers)
Y4931, Y4899, Y3465
Tamperproof Set (2-bolts, 2-nuts, 4-washers)
Y4900, Y4901, Y3551
Corner Bolt Set with Jam Nuts
1-3/4" Square Post Flat Blade Street Name Sign Bracket
2" Square Post Flat Blade Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Cross Piece For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
2-Way Adjustable Cross Piece For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable Cross Separator For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
1-3/4" Square Post Extruded Blade Street Name Sign Bracket
2" Square Post Extruded Blade Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Cross Piece For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
2-Way Adjustable Cross Piece For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable Cross Separator For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
Decorative Square Post Pyramid Cap
One Way Bolts
Y4911TB, Y4912TB, Y3552
5/16" Break-Away Nuts
5/16" Nylon Washers
5/16" Zinc Plated Washers
Square Post Manual Drive Cap
32lb. Steel U-Channel Post Driver
SNAP'n SAFE™ Square Post Breakaway Coupler
This SNAP'n SAFE™ Breakaway Device is made of cast gray iron, and withstands winds of 120 MPH. Made from 80% recycled materials.
Installation instructions are included with every SNAP'n SAFE square post breakaway device and are provided here for reference purposes.
- ½″ socket and ratchet wrench
- Remove any burrs or imperfections from the inside of the sign post and the anchor post.
- Check hole location of the sign post and anchor post. The top holes on the anchor post must be ½″ on center (+/- ⅛″) from the top of the anchor post. The bottom holes of the sign post must be ½″ on center (+/- ⅛″) from the end of the sign post.
- Determine the location for the in-ground anchor post.
- Drive anchor post into the ground so only three (3) holes are visible. The anchor post must be straight and level at the completion of the installation.
- Insert the larger end of the SNAP'n SAFE coupler into the ground anchor post.
- Attach the SNAP'n SAFE coupler to the anchor post with the (2) larger RED corner bolts. Use the 1st and 3rd hole in the anchor post for proper alignment. Fasten (1) washer and (1) nut on each RED bolt. Secure hardware evenly by tightening each nut in an alternating pattern.
Note: RED bolts must be installed on the same side of the post. MAX TORQUE = 21 FT LBS.
- Slide the sign post over the top half of the SNAP'n SAFE coupler and attach with the (2) smaller SILVER corner bolts. Use the 2nd and 3rd hole in the sign post for proper alignment. Fasten (1) washer and (1) nut on each SILVER bolt. Secure hardware evenly by tightening each nut in an alternating pattern.
Note: SILVER bolts must be installed on the same side of the post. MAX TORQUE = 21 FT LBS.