We choose our printing processes for each product carefully so you receive the best quality product at the lowest price with industry-leading turnaround times. Depending on your size, material, quantity, and other factors, your sign will print using one of our carefully-tested methods.
7 × 5″
|.040″ Rust-Free Aluminum||None||Four 7/32″ holes (one in each corner)||F7916-B2C||$10.70||$10.40||$9.90||$9.40||$7.70||$6.70|
|4.65 Mil Double-Sided Adhesive Polyester Label||N/A||N/A||F7916-B2E||$14.75||$12.75||$11.95||$10.85||$9.85||$8.75|
|2 Mil Face-Adhesive Peel and Stick Polyester Label||N/A||N/A||F7916-B2F||$9.75||$8.25||$7.95||$7.45||$6.95||$6.25|
|3.5 Mil Peel and Stick Vinyl Label||N/A||N/A||F7916-B2L||$4.75||$4.15||$3.65||$3.45||$3.25||$3.00|
Illinois Concealed Carry Act Sign Details & Regulations
On July 9, 2013 Public Act 098-0063, commonly known as the Illinois Concealed Carry Act became law. The law provides very strict rules and requirements for those looking to carry firearms with them in public places, and also provides a way for organizations and property owners to prohibit anyone from carrying on their property or into their place of business.
Click this link to learn more about (430 ILCS 66/) Firearm Concealed Carry Act.
According to Section 65: (a-10) of the Concealed Carry Law:
• The owner of private real property of any type may prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms on the property under his or her control. The owner must post a sign in accordance with subsection (d) of this Section indicating that firearms are prohibited on the property, unless the property is a private residence.
Section 65: (d) provides the specifics as to the placement and dimensions of the sign that must be displayed in order to prohibit the carrying of firearms into their facility or onto their property:
• Signs stating that the carrying of firearms is prohibited shall be clearly and conspicuously posted at the entrance of a building, premises, or real property specified in this Section as a prohibited area, unless the building or premises is a private residence. Signs shall be of a uniform design as established by the Department and shall be 4 inches by 6 inches in size. The Department shall adopt rules for standardized signs to be used under this subsection.
On October 11, 2013 the Illinois State Police released the following design specifications:
• The sign is required to have a white background; no text (except the reference to the Illinois Code 430 ILCS 66/65) or marking within the one-inch area surrounding the graphic design; a depiction of a handgun in black ink with a circle around and diagonal slash across the firearm in red ink; and that the circle be 4 inches in diameter. The sign in its entirety will measure 4 inches x 6 inches. Additionally, the sign must have black borders surrounding the "no firearms" symbol measuring 4 inches from top to bottom and 6 inches from left to right.
The following exceptions to these specifications of the approved sign exist:
- Owners of properties that fall within one of the Act’s “prohibited areas”—including preschools, secondary schools, universities, and public and private hospitals—can post signs that are larger than four inches by six inches in size. However, a larger sign must include an image of the Illinois State Police’s approved four inch by six inch sign.
- Owners of properties that fall within one of the Act’s prohibited areas can post larger signs with additional language. However, larger signs with additional language must include an image of the approved four inch by six inch sign.
Download Product Submittal / White Paper
Image Size Illustration
Note: Sign material was made larger to be able to accommodate the approved sign design requirements of 6 x 4".
Sign design contains all the approved and required elements: white background, red prohibition symbol, black gun image and the only text allowed "Pursuant to 430 ILCS 66/65"
Design also contains our standard Brimar logo, phone number and part number.
Our Illinois Guns Prohibited Sign is available in 4 different materials:
ADHESIVED BACKED OUTDOOR DURABLE VINYL
FACE ADHESIVE CLEAR POLYESTER WITH WHITE PRINTING (READS ONLY FROM THE OUTSIDE)
DOUBLE SIDED POLYESTER (READS FROM ANY DIRECTION)
.040 RUST FREE ALUMINUM SUPPLIED WITH 4 MOUNTING HOLES
|Available Materials||Mounting Holes||Corner Radius||Diagram|
|7 × 5″||7″||5″||¼″||Up to 6′ 3″||
||Four 7/32″ Holes (#10 or 3/16″ screws recommended)||¼″||Diagram|
|Material||Thickness||Outdoor Durability||Service Temp. Range||Available
|Adhesive-Backed Vinyl Outdoor grade high gloss calendared vinyl film, and coated with aggressive LEED compliant acrylic adhesive formulated to adhere to a variety of surfaces, ensuring durability in most commercial and industrial environments. Resistant to fading and mild chemicals. This material is in compliance with the standards set forth by the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule #1168 and the Green Seal Standard, GS-36 for commercial adhesives pertaining to Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). Clean and dry surface before applying. Minimum application temperature is 50°F.||3.5 mils||4 to 5 Years||-20° to 176° F||
|Face-Adhesive Polyester Polyester labels made with 2 mils white polyester coated with an aggressive LEED compliant permanent acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive that bonds well to glass surfaces. Non-printed area is white. Clean and dry surface before applying. Minimum application temperature is 50°F.||2 mils||4 to 5 Years||-40°F to 302°F||
|Double-Sided Adhesive Polyester 2 mils thick clear polyester with a 2.65 mils thick barrier film that has a LEED compliant permanent pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive that creates a strong bond to glass surfaces. Clean and dry surface before applying. Minimum application temperature is 50°F.||4.65 mils||4 to 5 Years||-40° to 302° F||
|Rust-Free Aluminum A durable metal material that will not chip, crack, or rust, offers superior resistance to harsh weather conditions, and has good chemical resistance properties. The optimal choice for outdoor usage.||0.04″||5 to 7 Years||-40° to 212° F||
|None||Engineering Grade||High Intensity Prismatic||Diamond Grade|
|ATSM D956 Type||–||Type I||Type IV||Type IX|
|Brightness||–||Standard Material||3x More||10x More|
SafetySign.com’s advanced printing process undergoes a stringent cross-hatching test. This specifically tests the adhesion and resistance to separation of the inks from the sign. In testing, a sample from the printing process is scored and covered in adhesive tape. The tape is removed and the sample assessed for adhesion quality.
We use a three-stage process to test all of our printing processes. We print our signs using only the processes that pass all three stages, giving you the highest quality signage possible.
The text is printed in HGCPIXymbols font.
The Illinois Firearms Prohibited Sign from SafetySign.com uses these fonts because they allow the message to fit on the sign, still remain legible, and make an immediate impact when reading the sign. It also gives the sign an official look and feel, which makes the message seem more authoritative.
- Foam Bumpers
8" Long Heavy Duty Nylon Ties
7.5″ Black UV Resistant Cable Tie - 50 lb Tensile Strength
30" Silver Yard Sign Stake
SignGuardian™ Tamper-Resistant 2" Chain Link Fence Brackets for 7/32” or 1/4" Mounting Holes
Screwdriver for SignGuardian™ and 1-Way R™ Bolts
#10 x 1-1/2" Round Head Screw for Wood
3/16 x 1-1/2" Bolting Set (2 bolts, 2 nuts, 4 washers)
Corner Foam Bumper
I-Beam Edge Foam Bumper
Flat Surface Foam Bumper
Corner Protector For Foam Bumper
42" Cone with Reflective Bands and 16lb. Base
Suction Cups with Hook For Sign Hanging
Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Tape
5/32" Cushioned T-Handle Hex Key
5/32" L-Handle Hex Key
L-Handle Hex Key For Vandal Resistant Set Screws
5/32" Hex Bit For Vandal Resistant Set Screws
Vandal Resistant Set Screws