Advisory 30 MPH Sign
Advisory 30 MPH Signs are MUTCD compliant (MUTCD W13-1) and recommend drivers to slow down for upcoming surprise conditions. Advisory 30 MPH Signs are useful devices to help display official regulations and provide mandatory information to drivers on roadways.
Section 2C.08 Advisory Speed Plaque
- The Advisory Speed (W13-1P) plaque (see Figure 2C-1) may be used to supplement any warning sign to indicate the advisory speed for a condition.
- The use of the Advisory Speed plaque for horizontal curves shall be in accordance with the information shown in Table 2C-5. The Advisory Speed plaque shall also be used where an engineering study indicates a need to advise road users of the advisory speed for other roadway conditions.
- If used, the Advisory Speed plaque shall carry the message XX MPH. The speed displayed shall be a multiple of 5 mph.
- Except in emergencies or when the condition is temporary, an Advisory Speed plaque shall not be installed until the advisory speed has been determined by an engineering study.
- The Advisory Speed plaque shall only be used to supplement a warning sign and shall not be installed as a separate sign installation.
- The advisory speed shall be determined by an engineering study that follows established engineering practices.
Source: 2009 MUTCD