7″ Base For 2⅜″ Round Posts
|Cast Gray Iron||Y3543-238RSMB||$149.95|
- Post Caps
2-3/8'' Galvanized Round Post
Y3440, Y3425, Y3426
2-3/8'' Round Post Sign Bracket For 1 Sign
2-3/8'' Round Post Sign Bracket For 2 Signs Back to Back
Tamper-Resistant Round Post Sign Bracket
Flat Blade 2-3/8" Round Post Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Cross Piece For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
2-Way Adjustable Cross Piece For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable Cross Separator For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
Extruded Blade 2-3/8" Round Post Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Cross Piece For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
2-Way Adjustable Cross Piece For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable Cross Separator For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
Galvanized Round Post Cap
SNAP'n SAFE™ Round Post Surface Mount Breakaway
This SNAP'n SAFE™ Breakaway Device is made of cast gray iron, and withstands winds of 120 MPH. Made from 80% recycled materials.
Installation instructions are included with every SNAP' SAFE round post surface mount breakaway device. It is recommended that this breakaway be installed in concrete surfaces only due to the strength of concrete as compared to asphalt.
- 5/16″ hex-key or wrench
- 9/16″ socket and ratchet wrench
- Remove any burrs or imperfections from the inside of the 2⅜″ OD 8–16 gauge round sign post
- Determine the location for the surface mount coupler. (Please note that all bolts must be at least 5 inches from all concrete edges.)
- Place surface mount coupler on the concrete surface and place the sign post on top of the coupler. Using a level, determine if any washers are needed under the base at the hole location to level out the sign post.
- Using the surface mount coupler as a template, mark the location of the three (3) holes to drill. With a ⅜ inch drill bit, drill three (3) holes at least 4½″ deep. It is not necessary to blow the holes out or clean them out.
- Clean off concrete surface and align the coupler with the holes. Place any necessary washers under the base as determined in Step 3.
- Put one (1) washer on each bolt and install the three (3) bolts. (DO NOT tighten all the way until you are certain that the base is level and all three (3) hole locations are firmly resting on the washers or concrete.)
- Note: The bolts are carbon steel and are extremely hard. They have a 3,800 pound pull-out strength.
- If using an 8–12 gauge post, REMOVE the sleeve on the SNAP'n SAFE coupler. Leave the sleeve in place on SNAP'n SAFE coupler for 13–16 gauge sign posts.
- Slide the sign post over SNAP'n SAFE coupler.
- Align the sign post to proper orientation.
- Using a 5/16″ hex wrench, tighten the set screw into the SNAP'n SAFE coupler until secured.