SNAP’n SAFE U-Channel Sign Post Breakaway
- Item #:
Other configurations of this product
- NCHRP 350 Approved
SNAP’n SAFE U-Channel Sign Post Breakaway is an NCHRP 350 compliant breakaway sign post assembly that is designed with a 360° shear point that will prevent the sign post from striking and penetrating the windshield or roof of a vehicle when impacted during a collision. It also helps save money on repairs by saving the anchor post and requiring less labor for repairs.
This breakaway sign post assembly fits 2 lbs./ft., 3 lbs./ft., and 4 lbs./ft. U-channel posts, and weighs 4 lbs. It is made of cast gray iron, 80% of which is recycled material, and can also withstand winds of up to 120 mph. All necessary hardware is included to connect the assembly to both the anchor post and sign post.
For 2, 3, and 4 lbs./ft. U-Channel Posts
|Cast Gray Iron||Y3539-UC||$73.00|
2 lbs/ft U-Channel Post
Y3432, Y3486, Y3434, Y3437
U-Channel Anchor Posts - Green Enamel and Galvanized
Bolting Set (2 bolts, 2 nuts, 4 washers)
Y4931, Y4899, Y3465
Tamperproof Set (2-bolts, 2-nuts, 4-washers)
Y4900, Y4901, Y3551
3" Ribbed Aluminum Sign Saver Plates
180 Degree Flat Blade U-Channel Post Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Flat Blade U-Channel Post Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Cross Piece For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
2-Way Adjustable Cross Piece For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable U-Channel Bracket For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable Cross Separator For Flat Blade Street Name Signs
180 Degree Extruded Blade U-Channel Post Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Extruded Blade U-Channel Post Street Name Sign Bracket
90 Degree Cross Piece For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
2-Way Adjustable Cross Piece For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable U-Channel Bracket For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
Adjustable Cross Separator For Extruded Blade Street Name Signs
One Way Bolts
Y4911TB, Y4912TB, Y3552
5/16" Break-Away Nuts
5/16" Nylon Washers
5/16" Zinc Plated Washers
SNAP'n SAFE™ U-Channel Post Breakaway Coupler
This SNAP'n SAFE™ Breakaway Device is made of cast gray iron, and withstands winds of 120 MPH. Made from 80% recycled materials.
Installation instructions are included with every SNAP'n SAFE U-Channel post breakaway device and are provided here for reference purposes.
- ½″ socket and ratchet wrench
- ½″ open end wrench
- Remove any burrs or imperfections from the 2 lbs./ft., 3 lbs./ft., or 4 lbs./ft. sign post and the anchor post.
- Check hole location on the anchor post and sign post. The top hole on the anchor post must be ½″ on center (+/- ⅛″) from the top of the anchor post. The bottom hole of the sign post must be ½″ on center (+/- ⅛″) from the end of the sign post.
- Determine the location for the in-ground anchor post.
- Drive anchor post into the ground so only three (3) holes are visible. The anchor post must be straight and level at the completion of the installation.
- Bolt the SNAP'n SAFE coupler to the ground anchor post using (2) hex bolts, (2) nuts, and (2) washers.
MAX TORQUE = 19 FT LBS.
- Align the sign post to the SNAP'n SAFE coupler and attach using the (2) hex bolts, (2) nuts, and (2) washers.
MAX TORQUE = 19 FT LBS.