Springless Stand for Roll-Up Signs
- Item #
- NCHRP 350 Approved
- Methods of Mounting Signs Other Than on Posts
Latch brackets hold the sign in place by way of the rectangular plastic pocket. Universal brackets will fit all standard 1-1/4 wide fiberglass ribs.View and compare our sign stands
The Springless Stand for Roll-Up Signs is NCHRP-350 approved and ready for work right out of the box. This stand is available with a latch bracket for a shorter setup time, or with a universal screw-lock bracket that will hold signs with sewn corner pockets or plastic corner pockets. It can accommodate 36” and 48” roll-up signs and displays signs 12” off the ground. The legs of this stand are available in powder coated steel or aluminum and they feature foot operated leg releases to deploy the legs. Each leg extends to help increase stability, and has two height adjustments to help level out the stand on uneven terrain. The stand with aluminum legs and the latch bracket weights 13 lbs. The stand with aluminum legs and the universal bracket weighs 15 lbs. The stand with steel legs and the latch bracket weights 19 lbs. The stand with steel legs and the universal bracket weighs 20 lbs.
* Sign Height: is measured from the ground to the bottom of the sign.
- MUTCD compliant and NCHRP-350 approved.
- Compact and lightweight design supports 36″ and 48″ Roll-up signs.
- Each leg has a two position adjustment for length to help increase stability, and two height adjustments to help level out the stand on uneven terrain.
Caution: Users must comply with all legal restrictions for temporary warning signs in accordance with the manual on uniform traffic control devices and local requirements. Please consult local enforcement agency for compliance.
- Extend telescoping legs until locked in place.
- Release leg lock mechanism and lower legs to ground.
- Lift up on center upright until legs lock in place.
- Insert panel into upright holder until spring button snaps in place.
Take Down Instructions:
- Depress spring button and remove panel.
- Release leg lock mechanism and raise legs.
- Depress spring buttons and telescope legs.
2009 Edition Part 6 Figure 6F-2. Methods of Mounting Signs Other Than on Posts
The fourth example shows an orange diamond-shaped sign with a black border and letters with the words "UTILITY WORK AHEAD" in three lines mounted on a vertical pole that is mounted on four horizontal supports. The distance from the bottom of the sign to the bottom of the supports is labeled as "1 ft MIN. above the traveled way." At the top of the sign, three orange flags are shown mounted equidistant apart from each other on short staffs that extend out from the top of the vertical pole at 45-degree angles.