Frequently Purchased Together
This No Outlet Sign uses effective messages or images for traffic and pedestrian safety concerns. A No Outlet Sign is a useful device to help protect the health and safety on roadways, but is not an alternative for required protective measures for eliminating or abating hazards.
Section 2C.26 DEAD END/NO OUTLET Signs
- The DEAD END (W14-1) sign may be used at the entrance of a single road or street that terminates in a dead end or cul-de-sac. The NO OUTLET (W14-2) sign may be used at the entrance to a road or road network from which there is no other exit.
- DEAD END (W14-1a) or NO OUTLET (W14-2a) signs (see Figure 2C-5) may be used in combination with Street Name (D3-1) signs (see Section 2D.43) to warn turning traffic that the cross street ends in the direction indicated by the arrow.
- The DEAD END (W14-1a) and NO OUTLET (W14-2a) signs shall be horizontal rectangles with an arrow pointing to the left or right.
- When the W14-1 or W14-2 sign is used, the sign shall be posted as near as practical to the entry point or at a sufficient advance distance to permit the road user to avoid the dead end or no outlet condition by turning at the nearest intersecting street.
- The DEAD END (W14-1a) or NO OUTLET (W14-2a) signs shall not be used instead of the W14-1 or W14-2 signs where traffic can proceed straight through the intersection into the dead end street or no outlet area.
Source: 2009 MUTCD