We choose our printing processes for each product carefully so you receive the best quality product at the lowest price with industry-leading turnaround times. Depending on your size, material, quantity, and other factors, your sign will print using one of our carefully-tested methods.
12 × 18″
|.080″ Engineering Grade Reflective Aluminum||None||Two ⅜″ holes (one at top, one at bottom)||X4433-A8D||$22.95||$21.45||$20.45||$19.95||$18.95||$17.25|
18 × 24″
|.080″ Engineering Grade Reflective Aluminum||None||Two ⅜″ holes (one at top, one at bottom)||X4433-B9H||$40.75||$39.45||$38.75||$38.25||$37.45||$33.95|
CHEVRON ALIGNMENT SIGNS(W1-8)
This sign follows the design guidelines specified in the MUTCD Standard for Parking and Traffic Signs
To view and print a PDF version of this page, click on this link: SafetySign.com Chevron Alignment Sign PDF→
To Learn about the Materials used in the making of this sign, refer to the Tab called "Material Descriptions..."
- These signs are manufactured with rust free aluminum laminated with Engineering Grade Reflective (Type I).
- Graphics are printed with translucent inks or applied vinyl graphics, opaque and translucent film. (Translucent ink or film is not applicable to the color black)
- Aluminum will not chip, crack or rust. Aluminum signs will last longer that plastic or steel signs.
- Hole configuration is illustrated below, signs are supplied with 2 holes at 3/8” dia. (top & bottom)
- These signs have been designed for the following applications: post, fence or wall mounting.
- These traffic signs do not have any overlamination.
- Image / Text on signs is printed directly onto the signmaterial.
- Printed image will resist fading and mild chemicals.
Hole & Layout Configuration
Regulatory Chevron Alignment Sign (W1-8)
- Chevron Alignment (W1-8) Sign is used to provide additional emphasis and guidance for a change in horizontal alignment of the roadway.
- A Chevron sign may be used as an alternate or supplement to standard delineators and edge lines as appropriate on curves.
- This sign is a vertical rectangle with no border.
- If used, it should be installed on the outside of a turn or curve, in line with and at approximately a right angle to approaching traffic.
- Chevron signs should be visible for a sufficient distance to provide the road user with adequate time to react to the change in alignment.
- Chevron signs should not be placed on the far side of a T-intersection facing traffic.
- Chevron signs should not be used to mark obstructions within or adjacent to the roadway.
- To learn about Chevron Alignment Sign position, distance, etc see MUTCD Section 2C.10 Chevron Alignment Sign (W1-8)
- Please note, different states may have different posting requirements.
Click image to view Hole Configuration →
Sign Mounting on U-Channel Post
What do you need when mounting chevron signs?
If you are mounting signs to a U-Channel Post, the following
hardware accessories are required:
- 1 U-channel post, sizes range from 4ft to 12ft,
either Green or Galvanized finishes.
- 1 Bolting Set (Part# Y3465 or Y4899)
Set includes washers and bolts, or
- 1 Tamperproof Set (Part# Y4900 or Y4901)
Set includes washers, one way bolts and break away nuts.
- 1 Pair of Ribbed Plates (optional) Part# Y4915
- Please follow the installation steps shown on the illustration.
Links to Industries and Government Institutions Governing Signs:
|Size||Width||Height||Available Materials||Mounting Holes||Corner Radius||Diagram|
|12 × 18″||12″||18″||
||Two ⅜″ Holes||1½″||Diagram|
|18 × 24″||18″||24″||
||Two ⅜″ Holes||1½″||Diagram|
|Material||Thickness||Outdoor Durability||Service Temp. Range||Available
Engineering Grade Reflective Aluminum
A durable enclosed lens retro-reflective material permanently adhered to aluminum. It is an economical choice for non-critical traffic signs, parking lot signs, and safety signs. The pattern free face allows for clean graphic imaging. It meets the requirements of ASTM D4956 Type I, and will remain effective for up to 7 years. Resistant to fading and mild chemicals.
||0.08″||Up to 7 Years||-10°F - 130°F||
|None||Engineering Grade||High Intensity Prismatic||Diamond Grade|
|ATSM D956 Type||–||Type I||Type IV||Type IX|
|Brightness||–||Standard Material||3x More||10x More|
SafetySign.com’s advanced printing process undergoes a stringent cross-hatching test. This specifically tests the adhesion and resistance to separation of the inks from the sign. In testing, a sample from the printing process is scored and covered in adhesive tape. The tape is removed and the sample assessed for adhesion quality.
We use a three-stage process to test all of our printing processes. We print our signs using only the processes that pass all three stages, giving you the highest quality signage possible.
- Post Bases
Green Enamel and Galvanized U-Channel Posts
Y3433, Y3434, Y3435, Y3436
U-Channel Post Kit - Green Enamel and Galvanized
Y3433-B, Y3434-B, Y3436-B
Green Enamel Breakaway Safety Splice Kit
Galvanized Breakaway Safety Splice Kit
Galvanized Square Sign Post
Galvanized Square Anchor Post
Bolting Set (2 bolts, 2 nuts, 4 washers)
Y4931, Y4899, Y3465
Tamperproof Set (2-bolts, 2-nuts, 4-washers)
Y4900, Y4901, Y3551
3" Ribbed Aluminum Sign Saver Plates
Adjustable Large Round Post Bracket
U-Channel Post Tamperproof Sign Mounting Hardware
Tamper-Resistant 2" Chain Link Fence Brackets for 3/8” Mounting Holes
Tamper-Resistant SignGuardian™ Chain Link Fence Bracket
2-3/8'' Galvanized Round Post
Y3440, Y3425, Y3426
2-3/8'' Round Post Sign Bracket For 1 Sign
2-3/8'' Round Post Sign Bracket For 2 Signs Back to Back
Screwdriver for SignGuardian™ and 1-Way R™ Bolts
One Way Bolts
Y4911TB, Y4912TB, Y3552
5/16" Zinc Plated Washers
5/16" Break-Away Nuts
5/16" Nylon Washers
4lb. Steel U-Channel Post Protector For Post Installation
32lb. Steel U-Channel Post Driver
SNAP’n SAFE U-Channel Post Breakaway Coupler
SNAP’n SAFE Square Post Breakaway Coupler
SNAP’n SAFE U-Channel Post Surface Mount Breakaway Base
SNAP’n SAFE Square Post Surface Mount Breakaway Base
SNAP’n SAFE Round Post Surface Mount Breakaway Base
2-3/8" Round Post Surface Mount Base
U-Channel Post Surface Mount Base
Square Post Surface Mount Base
Tamper-Resistant Round Post Sign Bracket
Stainless Steel Strapping
Stainless Steel Wing Seals
Stainless Steel Buckles
Stainless Steel Flared Leg Brackets
Stainless Steel Straight Leg Brackets
Ratchet Type Strapping Tool
Spinner Type Tensioner Tool
One-Handed Ratchet Tool with Cutter
Square Post Manual Drive Cap
Corner Bolt Set with Jam Nuts