Sign Bolting Sets are the economical method for mounting traffic, parking, facility and property signs. Each set contains two 5/16” diameter hex-head bolts, two nuts, and four zinc coated washers. These bolts can be used to mount signs with 3/8” mounting holes on U-Channel posts, composite posts, and square posts. 2" bolts are required for 1.12 lbs./ft. U-Channel posts and our composite fiberglass posts. 2-1/2" bolts are required for 1-3/4” square posts and 2 lbs./ft. U-channel posts with or without the addition of our sign saver plates. 3” bolts are required to mount signs on 2” square posts. A 1/2" socket and ratchet wrench and 1/2" combination wrench will be needed to install these bolts.
1¾″ Square Post with Standard Bolting Set
2″ Square Post with Standard Bolting Set
U-Channel Post (1.12 lbs./ft) with Standard Bolting Set
U-Channel Post (2 lbs./ft) with Standard Bolting Set
5/16″ Zinc Plated Steel Hex-Head Bolt Set
Hex-head bolts are the economic solution for installing traffic signs, parking signs, property signs, and facility signs with ⅜″ mounting holes. The tables below detail which size bolts should be purchased with each type of applicable post.
What size bolts should I use with my U-Channel post?
What size bolts should I use with my square post?
What size bolts should I use with my fiberglass composite post?
Installing Standard Hex-Head Bolts
- A ½″ socket and ratchet wrench, and ½″ combination wrench.
- Place the sign on the square post where it meets your height requirement and line up the mounting holes with the holes on the post.
- Using the appropriate size bolts, insert a washer over the 5/16″ bolts and then insert the bolts into the mounting holes of the sign and through the post.
- Insert a washer on the other end of the bolt followed by the nut and tighten down.
- Add a pair of our ribbed sign saver plates that prevents the possibility of sign dimpling during bolt tightening.