Custom Sprinkler Identification Sign
Customize this Sprinkler Identification Valve Sign by adding your own custom information, such as control, drain, test connection, and alarm valve copy.
The signs measure 6 × 2″, manufactured on .020″ Rust-Free Aluminum, and pre-drilled with 4 mounting holes. If a different size or material is required, please call 800-274-6271 for a price quote. All custom sprinkler plates require a minimum quantity of 10 signs per legend.
SafetySign.com sprinkler plates have been updated to meet the latest revision of NFPA 13.
Having trouble? Email us.
Rigid Material: Rust Free Aluminum
- Rust free aluminum signs usually coated white on both sides.
- Graphics are digital or screen printed with UV inks.
- Aluminum will not chip, crack or rust.
- Aluminum is one of the most durable material options offered, with excellent resistance to harsh weather conditions.
- Printed image will resist fading and mild chemicals.
- Outdoor Durability: 5 to 7 years
- Service Temp Range: -40°F to 212°F
- Ink Features: Printed with UV Inks
- Printing Process: Digital or Screen Printed
Sprinkler System Plates
Sprinkler system plates comply with the requirements of NFPA 13. They identify crucial components of a Fire Sprinkler System and the system’s operation. Failure to properly identify a sprinkler system may not only result in code violations and owner/contractor liability, in a worst-case scenario system failure in a fire emergency may occur.
What is NFPA 13?
NFPA 13 is the standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems and provides "a reasonable degree of protection for life and property from fire through the standardization of design, installation, and testing requirements for sprinkler systems, including private fire service mains, based on sound engineering principles, test data, and field experience." The standard applies to water supplies, sprinklers, fittings, piping, valves, all materials and accessories.
Where do sprinkler plates and identification signs need to be installed?
NFPA 13 provides a comprehensive table with a sprinkler system signage summary including sign locations and requirements. Identification signs should be permanently marked weatherproof metal signs, secured with corrosion-resistant wire, chain, or other acceptable means.
Identification sign location varies by type, but in general these should be applied on valves controlling and supplying a sprinkler system. Such locations may include:
- Control Valves, Drain Valves, Test Connection Valves, Alarm Valves, Dry Pipe Valves, Preaction Valves, and Deluge Valves.
- Anti-Freeze Loops, Anti-Freeze Main Valves and Circulating Closed Loop Systems.
- Auxiliary Systems
- System Control Riser