- Item #
- NCHRP 350 Approved
The Y3540-2252SQC coupler to be used with 2″ Top Post + 2¼″ Anchor Post.
SNAP'n SAFE™ Square Post Breakaway Coupler
This SNAP'n SAFE™ Breakaway Device is made of cast gray iron, and withstands winds of 120 MPH. Made from 80% recycled materials.
Installation instructions are included with every SNAP'n SAFE square post breakaway device and are provided here for reference purposes.
- Tools required
- ½″ socket and ratchet wrench
- Remove any burrs or imperfections from the inside of the signpost and the anchor post.
- Check the hole location of the signpost and anchor post. The top holes on the anchor post must be ½″ on center (± ⅛″) from the top of the anchor post. The bottom holes of the signpost must be ½″ on center (± ⅛″) from the end of the signpost.
- Determine the location for the in-ground anchor post.
- Drive anchor posts into the ground so only three (3) holes are visible. The anchor post must be straight and level at the completion of the installation.
- Insert the larger end of the SNAP'n SAFE coupler into the ground anchor post.
- Attach the SNAP'n SAFE coupler to the anchor post with the (2) larger RED corner bolts. Use the 1st and 3rd hole in the anchor post for proper alignment. Fasten (1) washer and (1) nut on each RED bolts. Secure hardware evenly by tightening each nut in an alternating pattern.
Note: RED bolts must be installed on the same side of the post. MAX TORQUE = 21 FT-LBS.
- Slide the signpost over the top half of the SNAP'n SAFE coupler and attach with the (2) smaller SILVER corner bolts. Use the 2nd and 3rd hole in the signpost for proper alignment. Fasten (1) washer and (1) nut on each SILVER bolts. Secure hardware evenly by tightening each nut in an alternating pattern.
Note: SILVER bolts must be installed on the same side of the post. MAX TORQUE = 21 FT-LBS.
RED and SILVER CORNER BOLTS MUST BE INSTALLED ON SAME SIDE OF THE POSTS, AS SHOWN IN DIAGRAM.