Handle-Off Ball Valve Lockout
For valve diameters of 3/8" to 4"
Master Lock Part# 468L. The Seal Tight™ handle-off ball valve lockout features a universal fit that locks out valves by covering the valve stem. This ball valve lockout can be applied to 3/8" (6 mm) to 4" (102 mm) sized valves and fits virtually all types of pipe including insulated, PVC and metal. It is made of durable PVC polyester fabric and HDPE plastic, making this lightweight and flexible material device easy to carry and compact to store in safety toolboxes. The 1/4" lock opening accepts all Master Lock and American Lock safety padlocks and hasps. To use this lockout device, remove the valve handle from the pipe, wrap the strap around the pipe and through the lockout device, pull it tight, close the plastic cover and attach a padlock or hasp to lock it closed. There is a storage compartment on the device to keep the valve handle and bolt, as well as for tucking in the extra strap length. A write-on safety label is also included.
Master Lock Handle-Off Ball Valve Lockout
- SafetySign Part #
- Master Lock Part #
- Fits Valve Sizes
- ⅜″ to 4″ (10mm – 102mm)
- Max. Number of Padlocks or Hasps
- 1 padlock or hasp
- Max. Padlock Shackle Diameter
- 9/32″ (7mm)
- 12½″ × 11¼″
- 0.55 lb
- Constructed of durable PVC polyester fabric and HDPE plastic
- Universal fit for virtually all types of pipe including insulated, PVC, and metal
- Easy to use - simple to apply with an intuitive wrapping strap and locking mechanism
- Performs effectively to withstand corrosive environments and extreme temperatures
- Includes write-on labels
- Lockout Function
- Patented innovative design eliminates the risk of valve reactivation with removal of the handle
- OSHA 1910.147(b) Compliance
- Capable of being locked out. An energy isolating device is capable of being locked out if it has a hasp or other means of attachment to which, or through which, a lock can be affixed, or it has a locking mechanism built into it. Other energy isolating devices are capable of being locked out, if lockout can be achieved without the need to dismantle, rebuild, or replace the energy isolating device or permanently alter its energy control capability.
Looking for more detailed instructions?
Master Lock Handle-Off Ball Valve Lockout Instructions PDF