Frequently Purchased Together
Master Lock Gate Valve Lockout Application
Master Lock Part# 480, 481, 482, 483, 484. The rotating gate valve lockout is available in 5 different sizes to effectively lock out gate valves from being opened or closed. Sizes range from 1" to 3", 2" to 5", 4" to 6-1/2", 6" to 10", and 8" to 13" in inside diameter. The outward/inward rotation the lockout allows for easier installation, especially in confined spaces, and makes storage easier since each size can be nested into the next larger size, thus saving space in safety tool boxes. There is also a center knockout that can be removed for rising stem gate valves and each gate valve lockout features a safety label warning that can be written on to identify the worker performing the lockout and then erased for the next job. These are made from tough, lightweight dielectric thermoplastic that can withstand chemicals and perform in temperature ranges from -50°F to 350°F. Depending on the size selected, there are 2, 3 or 4 spaces available for padlocks or hasps. This accepts padlocks with a maximum shackle diameter of 5/16".
- Max. Padlock Shackle Diameter
- 5/16″ (7.9mm)
- Tough, lightweight, dielectric Zenex™ thermoplastic bodies withstand chemicals
- Product Features
- Outward/inward rotation allows for easier installation and storage.
- Unique patented rotating design allows for easier installation in confined space applications.
- Each size rotates into itself and nests into the next larger size to save space in safety tool boxes.
- Center knockout can be removed for rising stem gate valves.
- Multiple workers can apply their personal safety padlocks.
- Complete with high visibility permanent safety labels.
- Lockout Function
- Surrounds the valve operating handle to protect against accidental valve opening.
- Select the properly-sized cover for the specific valve handle to be locked out. Note: Cover should be loose enough when applied that it does not bind to the valve handle.
- Rotate the lockout cover to completely surround the valve handle.
- Secure with Master Lock safety lockout padlock(s) by inserting shackle(s) through the overlapping locking eyelets.
- To secure a valve handle which has a rising stem, cut out the circular center section of the lockout cover.
Looking for more detailed instructions?
Rotating Gate Valve Lockout Instructions PDF