Frequently Purchased Together
Master Lock Universal Wall Switch Lockout
Master Lock Part# 496B. This universal wall switch lockout is designed to prevent others from being able to turn on a switch that controls a device which is being worked on. This lockout features adjustable parts that allow it to be used on standard toggle switches and Decora type switches. It also hinges open so that the switch can be operated normally when necessary, and includes a bilingual label reminding others that the switch has been locked out. On a standard toggle switch, simply remove the screws to the switch cover, leaving the cover on, and screw the lockout on top of it. On a Decora type switch, change the positioning of the two plastic toggle parts of the lockout, then back the screws out of the Decora cover just enough to to slide the lockout into them. Tighten the screws down and the device is ready to be locked out. This accepts padlocks with a maximum shackle diameter of 5/16".
- SafetySign.com Part #
- Master Lock Part #
- Fits Wall Switch Type
- Both toggle and Decora™ paddle wall switches
- Max. Number of Padlocks or Hasps
- 1 padlock or hasp
- Max. Padlock Shackle Diameter
- 9/32″ (7mm)
- Universal wall switch cover
- Patented design ensures switch stays locked on or off
- Hinges open for unobstructed normal operations of switch
- Includes English/Spanish safety label
- Lockout Function
- Effectively locks out both toggle and Decora™ paddle wall switches
- OSHA 1910.147(b) Compliance
- Capable of being locked out. An energy isolating device is capable of being locked out if it has a hasp or other means of attachment to which, or through which, a lock can be affixed, or it has a locking mechanism built into it. Other energy isolating devices are capable of being locked out, if lockout can be achieved without the need to dismantle, rebuild, or replace the energy isolating device or permanently alter its energy control capability.
Looking for more detailed instructions?
Master Lock Universal Wall Switch Lockout Instructions PDF