Forklift Warning Labels
- Item #:
- Label Reads:
- Fasten Seat Belts
- Label Type:
- Forklift Safety Label
- Adhesive Backed Vinyl
- Labels sold in packages of 5.
- In Stock
4 mil VINYL FILM LABELS
- These labels are digital or screen printed with UV inks.
- Adhesive backed vinyl film labels are supplied with round corners only.
- Typically vinyl labels are sold in packages of 5, 25 or in a few cases individually.
- These labels have been designed for the following applications: wall or any flat surface mounting.
- Before applying, surface must be clean and dry.
- Labels do not have any overlamination.
- Image / Text on labels is printed directly onto the material.
Sign/Label Functions & Objectives are:
- The objective of safety signs is to draw attention rapidly and precisely to objects and situations capable of causing specific injuries or accidents.
- To alert or warn personnel about workplace hazards of which they may not be aware of.
- To restrict access to areas that present dangerous conditions.
- To inform people of safety requirements.
- Provide general information and directions.
- Remind employees where PPE equipment must be worn.
- Show where emergency equipment or exits are located.
- Indicate where certain actions are prohibited.
Labels: Recommended Label Placement
It is well recognized that in many instances, well designed and properly placed labels can increase operator and maintenance personnel awareness of the inherent hazards.
When installing labels we recommend to keep in mind the following criteria:
- Label needs to be readily visible to the target audience (personnel that will be in contact with the hazard)
- Label needs to alert the viewer to the hazard in time to take appropriate action.
- Labels are required to be applied on or adjacent to the area where the hazard is present.
- Labels are required to be permanently affixed to the equipment.
- The surface to which the label(s) will be applied should be clean and free of dirt, dust, grease and moisture. If the surface is painted, paint must be dry.
- Press the label on after applying it to the surface. One or more passes over with a rag or roller will ensure that the label is completely glued on the surface and will not fall off.
Recommended Viewing Distances
ANSI Z535-2007 standard uses a ratio of 25 ft of viewing distance per inch of text for Favorable Reading Conditions, and a ratio of 12 ft of viewing distance per inch of text for Unfavorable Reading Conditions. Determining the safe viewing distance of a sign depends upon many factors: lighting, background, type font and visual acuity. Other factors to consider in determining sign size include: the complexity of the message, the reaction time necessary and the angle the sign will be seen from. In many situations it is better to use multiple smaller signs that are strategically positioned than one large sign. Many times letter size may need to be larger than the values shown on the graphic for a variety of reasons:
- To make the sign more noticeable from other information displayed in the area.
- To enable legibility under low light, or other poor viewing conditions.
- To alert persons sooner than the minimum safe viewing distance.
- To convey special importance for portions of the message.
- To improve legibility for persons who have vision problems with small text.
Links to Industries and Government Institutions Governing Signs:
VINYL LABELS MATERIAL DESCRIPTION
Label Material: 3.5 Mil Adhesive Backed Vinyl Film:
Description & Attributes
- 3.5 mil thick flexible vinyl film coated with an aggressive permanent acrylic adhesive.
- Graphics are digital or screen printed with UV inks.
- Vinyl signs are the most economical option available. A favorite material for indoor application.
- Printed image will resist fading and mild chemicals.
- Outdoor Durability: 3 to 4 years
- Material Flexibility: Conform to either curved or flat surfaces
- Service Temp Range: -40°F to 180°F
- Min. Application Temp: 50° F
- Surface Preparation: Clean and Dry
- Ink Features: Printed with UV Inks
- Printing Process: Digital or Screen
- Over laminate: None