Hand Washing Labels
- Item #:
- Label Reads:
- Employees must wash hands before returning to work..
- Label Type:
- Apply to clean and dry surfaces
- Constructed with Outdoor Grade Vinyl. Strong chemical resistance.
- In Stock
4 mil VINYL FILM LABELS
- These labels are digital or screen printed with UV inks.
- Adhesive backed vinyl film labels are supplied with round corners only.
- Typically vinyl labels are sold in packages of 5, 25 or in a few cases individually.
- These labels have been designed for the following applications: wall or any flat surface mounting.
- Before applying, surface must be clean and dry.
- Labels do not have any overlamination.
- Image / Text on labels is printed directly onto the material.
Sign/Label Functions & Objectives are:
- The objective of safety signs is to draw attention rapidly and precisely to objects and situations capable of causing specific injuries or accidents.
- To alert or warn personnel about workplace hazards of which they may not be aware of.
- To restrict access to areas that present dangerous conditions.
- To inform people of safety requirements.
- Provide general information and directions.
- Remind employees where PPE equipment must be worn.
- Show where emergency equipment or exits are located.
- Indicate where certain actions are prohibited.
Labels: Recommended Label Placement
It is well recognized that in many instances, well designed and properly placed labels can increase operator and maintenance personnel awareness of the inherent hazards.
When installing labels we recommend to keep in mind the following criteria:
- Label needs to be readily visible to the target audience (personnel that will be in contact with the hazard)
- Label needs to alert the viewer to the hazard in time to take appropriate action.
- Labels are required to be applied on or adjacent to the area where the hazard is present.
- Labels are required to be permanently affixed to the equipment.
- The surface to which the label(s) will be applied should be clean and free of dirt, dust, grease and moisture. If the surface is painted, paint must be dry.
- Press the label on after applying it to the surface. One or more passes over with a rag or roller will ensure that the label is completely glued on the surface and will not fall off.
Recommended Viewing Distances
ANSI Z535-2007 standard uses a ratio of 25 ft of viewing distance per inch of text for Favorable Reading Conditions, and a ratio of 12 ft of viewing distance per inch of text for Unfavorable Reading Conditions. Determining the safe viewing distance of a sign depends upon many factors: lighting, background, type font and visual acuity. Other factors to consider in determining sign size include: the complexity of the message, the reaction time necessary and the angle the sign will be seen from. In many situations it is better to use multiple smaller signs that are strategically positioned than one large sign. Many times letter size may need to be larger than the values shown on the graphic for a variety of reasons:
- To make the sign more noticeable from other information displayed in the area.
- To enable legibility under low light, or other poor viewing conditions.
- To alert persons sooner than the minimum safe viewing distance.
- To convey special importance for portions of the message.
- To improve legibility for persons who have vision problems with small text.
Links to Industries and Government Institutions Governing Signs:
SAFETY LABEL MATERIALS
Label Material: 3.5 Mil Adhesive Backed Vinyl Film:
Description & Attributes
- 3.5 mil thick flexible vinyl film coated with an aggressive permanent acrylic adhesive.
- Graphics are digital or screen printed with UV inks.
- Vinyl signs are the most economical option available. A favorite material for indoor application.
- Printed image will resist fading and mild chemicals.
- Outdoor Durability: 3 to 4 years
- Material Flexibility: Conform to either curved or flat surfaces
- Service Temp Range: -40°F to 180°F
- Min. Application Temp: 50° F
- Surface Preparation: Clean and Dry
- Ink Features: Printed with UV Inks
- Printing Process: Digital or Screen
- Over laminate: None
- Sign Features: 1/4” Round Corners
Adhesive Backed Polyester Film with Clear Polyester Over lamination:
Description & AttributesANSI Z535.4 Product Safety Signs & Labels specifies performance requirements for the design, application, use and placement of safety labels and signs that are intended to identify hazards that a person may encounter while operating or servicing a variety of products.
- Description: Adhesive Backed Polyester Labels have been designed to comply with ANSI Z535.4 2002 & 2007 Product Safety Label Standards. Labels are screen printed with UV resistant inks and over laminated with Clear Polyester to ensure a high degree of chemical, abrasion and heat resistance.
- Material: 2 Mil White Polyester with Hi-Performance pressure sensitive Acrylic Adhesive backing (UL® File No. MH10170 / CSA File No. 099241 L000) 1 Mil Clear Polyester film coated with a clear pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive (UL® File No. MH10170 / CSA File No. 099241 L000).
- Printed Image: Printed image is sealed between 2 layers of polyester. Polyester offers superior chemical, abrasion and temperature resistance to vinyl labels, image is screen printed using UV resistant inks.
- Adhesive: Aggressive solvent based acrylic adhesive with excellent adhesion properties on a broad base of application substrates such as Stainless Steel, Acrylic, Glass, Coated Metals and Plastics.
- Packaging: All machinery safety decals are available in convenient packages of 5 or bulk packages of 50.
- Specification Compliance: Machinery Safety Decal comply with ANSI Z535.4 2002 & 2007.
- Outdoor Durability: 5 to 8 years
- Material Flexibility: Conform to either curved or flat surfaces.
- Service Temp Range: -40°F to 302°F
- Min. Application Temperature: -50° F
- Performance: Resists abrasion, most chemical spills and suitable for high temperatures.
- Surface Preparation: Clean & Dry
- Ink Features: Printed with UV Resistant Inks
- Printing Process: Digital or Screen Printing
- Over laminate: 1 Mil Clear Polyester
- Label Features: Round Corners and back-slit for easy installation.