- Item #:
- Sign Reads:
- FDC Standpipe Sign / FDC 6" high with 1" stroke /Standpipe 2" high with 0.4" stroke
- Sign Type:
- Surface Mount
- Sold individually
- In Stock
FDC (Fire Department Connection) Sign Details
Fire department connections should be identified by a permanent approved sign which must have the letters FDC at least 6" high with 1" stroke in either red text on white or white text on a red background.
If the sign contains the legend "FIRE DEPARTMENT CONNECTION" spelled out, the letter size should be a minimum of 2" high.
Signs are required to be on a retro-reflective material with retro-reflective letters, in other words signs need to be reflective, we sell these signs in Engineering Grade (Type I) Reflective Aluminum.
FDC signs indicating the building address, building name, directional arrow or any other copy which indicates property being served by the connection should be 2" high.
REFLECTIVE SIGN MATERIAL DESCRIPTON
Rigid Material: Engineering Grade (Type I) Reflective Aluminum (.063", .080"):
Description & AttributesEngineering Grade (EG) retro-reflective sheeting is a beaded plastic material that renders high retro-reflectivity at night. It is designed for use mainly on traffic signs and is highly resistant against the extremes of hot, cold, dry, and humid weathering conditions. Engineering Grade (EG) Reflective Sheeting meets ASTM D4956 Type I retro-reflective sheeting standards.
- Rust free aluminum sheet overlaminated with Engineering Grade Reflective Sheeting.
- Graphics are printed with translucent inks, thermal transfer, digitally or translucent film. (Translucent ink or film is not applicable to the color black)
- Aluminum will not chip, crack or rust.
- Printed image will resist fading and mild chemicals.
- .063 Aluminum is typically used on parking and traffic signs up to 18” maximum.
- .080 Aluminum is typically used on parking and traffic signs larger than 18”.
- Outdoor Durability: up to 7 years (except orange)
- Service Temp Range: -40°F to 200°F
- Ink Features: Translucent inks (Translucent ink or film is not applicable to the color black)
- Printing Process: Screen or applied vinyl graphics, opaque and translucent film.
- Over laminate: None