We choose our printing processes for each product carefully so you receive the best quality product at the lowest price with industry-leading turnaround times. Depending on your size, material, quantity, and other factors, your sign will print using one of our carefully-tested methods.
18″ Octagon + 12″ Handle
|.063″ Double-Sided Engineering Grade Reflective Aluminum with Wood Handle||Two ⅜″ holes (at bottom) for mounting to handle/staff||Y1258-12EG||$58.30||$55.40||$49.90|
|.125″ Double-Sided Polyethylene Plastic with Wood Handle||Two ⅜″ holes (at bottom) for mounting to handle/staff||Y1258-12PL||$38.60||$36.65||$33.10|
This 12" Handle Stop Sign Paddle has informational messages or images for traffic and pedestrian safety concerns. A 12" Handle Stop Sign Paddle is a helpful resource to aid in the protection of the health and safety on roads, and is not an alternative for required protective measures for eliminating or reducing hazards.
This sign follows the design guidelines specified in the MUTCD Standard for Parking and Traffic Signs
To view and print a PDF version of this page, click on this link: SafetySign.com Stop Paddles PDF→
To Learn about the Materials used in the making of this sign, refer to the Tab called "Material Descriptions..."
- Stop paddles are available in 2 different materials: .125 Lite Weight Polyethylene & Reflective Aluminum.
- Plastic Paddles: Made out of polyethylene, a rust free, chip and crack resistant plastic treated for digital and screen printing.
- Polyethylene signs are an economical alternative to aluminum signs, without significant compromise on durability.
- Aluminum Paddles: Manufactured with rust free aluminum overlaminated with Engineering Grade Reflective (Type I).
- Graphics are screen printed with translucent inks or applied vinyl graphics, opaque and translucent film. (Translucent ink or film is not applicable to the color black)
- Aluminum will not chip, crack or rust. Aluminum signs will last longer that plastic or steel signs.
- Hole configuration and paddle layout is illustrated below, paddles are provided with 2 holes @ .375".
- Sign mounting hardware is included.
- These paddles do not have any overlamination.
- Image / Text on signs is printed directly onto the sign material.
- Printed image will resist fading and mild chemicals.
STOP PADDLES CONFIGURATION
Click image to view Configuration →
STOP PADDLES USE
Links to Industries and Government Institutions Governing Signs:
|Available Materials||Mounting Holes||Diagram|
|18″ Octagon + 12″ Handle||18″||28″||6″||
||Two ⅜″ Holes||Diagram|
|Material||Thickness||Outdoor Durability||Service Temp. Range||Available
|Double-Sided Polyethylene Plastic with Wood Handle This plastic is rust free and resistant to chips and cracks. It is an economical alternative to aluminum without a significant compromise in durability. Smooth wood handle is included.||0.125″||3 to 5 Years||-40° to 180° F||
Double-Sided Engineering Grade Reflective Aluminum with Wood Handle
A durable enclosed lens retro-reflective material permanently adhered to both sides of aluminum, attached to a wooden handle. It is an economical choice for non-critical traffic signs. The pattern free face allows for clean graphic imaging. It meets the requirements of ASTM D4956 Type I, and will remain effective for up to 7 years.
||0.063″||Up to 7 Years||-10°F - 130°F||
|None||Engineering Grade||High Intensity Prismatic||Diamond Grade|
|ATSM D956 Type||–||Type I||Type IV||Type IX|
|Brightness||–||Standard Material||3x More||10x More|
SafetySign.com’s advanced printing process undergoes a stringent cross-hatching test. This specifically tests the adhesion and resistance to separation of the inks from the sign. In testing, a sample from the printing process is scored and covered in adhesive tape. The tape is removed and the sample assessed for adhesion quality.
We use a three-stage process to test all of our printing processes. We print our signs using only the processes that pass all three stages, giving you the highest quality signage possible.
The text is printed in HGCPIXymbols font.
The 12" Handle Stop Sign Paddle from SafetySign.com uses these fonts because the message requires a font that will allow it to fit on the sign. These fonts are easy to read in daytime and nighttime conditions, and they are still legible no matter what version of the typeface is being used on the sign. They are also used to keep a consistent look with other traffic and parking related signs from the MUTCD.