We choose our printing processes for each product carefully so you receive the best quality product at the lowest price with industry-leading turnaround times. Depending on your size, material, quantity, and other factors, your sign will print using one of our carefully-tested methods.
PCB Contaminated Equipment Label
|3.5 Mil Adhesive-Backed Vinyl Label||Sold in Packages of 25||K4581-AG||$41.69||$37.44||$33.13|
To view and print a PDF version of this page, click on this link: SafetySign.com PCB Labels PDF
- These labels are digital or screen printed with UV inks.
- Labels are sold in packages of 25.
- Before applying, surface must be clean and dry.
- Labels do not have any overlamination.
- Image / Text on labels is printed directly onto the material.
PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls) are most commonly found in electrical equipment such as transformers, klystrons, capacitors, and fluorescent light ballasts that were manufactured before 1979. PCB-containing equipment or PCB- contaminated material is strictly regulated under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
- Regulations require that all equipment or items (in use or decommissioned) that contain a PCB concentration greater than 50 ppm must be labeled as PCB contaminated.
PCBs are known to cause chronic reproductive effects, gastric disorders, and skin lesions in laboratory animals, and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has identified PCBs as probable human carcinogens. In humans and animals, PCBs accumulate in fatty tissues. In the environment, PCBs degrade very slowly, so they pose a risk to animals all along a food chain because they bio-accumulate.
PCB Label Requirements:
- All electrical equipment that contains more than 50 ppm PCBs must be prominently labeled as PCB contaminated.
- When a PCB item is decommissioned, the date it was put out of service must be included on the label.
- To dispose of PCB-contaminated items, request a container from Waste Management (WM) by indicating the type of waste and "PCBs" on the Hazardous Waste Pickup and Empty Container Request Form.1 (see link to form below)
- The delivered container will be marked both as "Hazardous Waste" and with the yellow PCB label.
- If the PCB concentration is unknown, testing and analysis may be called for, as determined by WM.
Safety Signs Objectives:
The yellow PCB label with black printing identifies PCB-contaminated hazardous waste. That is, the PCB concentration is or may be above 50 ppm. The primary waste that falls into this category is fluorescent light ballasts, but this label is also used for PCB storage areas as well as PCB containers that hold such waste as soil, oil, and also wipes that have been used to clean a PCB related spill.
|6″ Square||6″||6″||3/16″||Up to 4′ 8″||
|Material||Thickness||Outdoor Durability||Service Temp. Range||Available
|Adhesive-Backed Vinyl Outdoor grade high gloss calendared vinyl film, and coated with aggressive LEED compliant acrylic adhesive formulated to adhere to a variety of surfaces, ensuring durability in most commercial and industrial environments. Resistant to fading and mild chemicals. This material is in compliance with the standards set forth by the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule #1168 and the Green Seal Standard, GS-36 for commercial adhesives pertaining to Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). Clean and dry surface before applying. Minimum application temperature is 50°F.||3.5 mils||4 to 5 Years||-20° to 176° F||
|None||Engineering Grade||High Intensity Prismatic||Diamond Grade|
|ATSM D956 Type||–||Type I||Type IV||Type IX|
|Brightness||–||Standard Material||3x More||10x More|
SafetySign.com’s advanced printing process undergoes a stringent cross-hatching test. This specifically tests the adhesion and resistance to separation of the inks from the sign. In testing, a sample from the printing process is scored and covered in adhesive tape. The tape is removed and the sample assessed for adhesion quality.
We use a three-stage process to test all of our printing processes. We print our signs using only the processes that pass all three stages, giving you the highest quality signage possible.
The text is printed in Arial Black font.
The PCB Contaminated Equipment Label from SafetySign.com uses this font to create a bold message that stands out in order to grab your attention, while also remaining clearly legible at the maximum safe viewing distance of the product.