1. Signs to communicate state or federal regulations, like handicapped parking and fire lane parking restrictions. These type of signs are ruled by either town, state, or federal regulations, and there are usually fines associated to the violations indicated on the signs.
Examples of town, state and federal parking signs:
- Yellow Lines will have signs posted with the wording “No Parking”
- Controlled Parking Zones: a controlled zone is an area of restricted parking
- Handicapped or Disable Parking: normally found in parking lots. Violation of handicapped regulations means fines up to $500.00 depending on the state you are in.
- Fire Lane / Zone Parking Signs: normally prohibit parking on certain areas marked in yellow with words like FIRE LANE OR FIRE ZONE NO PARKING.
- Road Signs that read “NO PARKING”, “No Parking Any Time”, “No Parking This Side of Street” “No Stopping or Standing”. These signs if not respected could and will result in Traffic Tickets
- Bus Stops and Stands
- Taxi Bays
- Loading and Unloading Zones
- Time Limit Zones
2. Public or Private property parking signs. These signs will vary tremendously in information. For example there are parking lot signs, Specific Customer and Visitor Parking, Tenant / Resident Parking, Tow Away Parking, Dumpster Rules, Do Not Bblock Driveway, Employee Parking, and many more.